We accept payments in cash, or by debit or credit card.
It is possible to check in from 3pm, and checkout is by 10am.
All guests must arrive before 10pm.
A lift is available for guests to use and there is free WiFi.
Breakfast is included.
The Giuseppini are members of a not-for-profit organisation.
As well as covering bills, the room tariff will help to fund a variety
of social and charitable initiatives which the Giuseppini have been
running for over 150 years in countries across the globe.
The welcome at Pio IX Holiday Accomodation is reliant on the following guiding principles:
- throughout their stay, guests must demonstrate suitable behaviour for the social and religious function of the establishment;
- guests must respect the hours and any other arrangements stipulated by the Management;
- the institution makes its buildings and religious staff available to guests for their ongoing spiritual and religious support.
- Guests must show the utmost respect for the Holiday Accomodation’s propriety and the preservation of the furnishings within it. The Management reserves the right to demand full compensation in case of damage or breakages caused by guests to the building and/or furnishings.
- The daily cost of the stay is established at the time of reservation. The cost may vary up to the highest price range officially agreed with the authorities. The cost does not include additional services offered.
- Guests must provide advance payment for their whole stay at check-in on arrival day.
- Guests must leave their room by 10am on departure day and return their keys.
- We ask that you do not make noise which could disturb the peace and quiet of others between the hours of 10pm and 7am.
- People from outside the establishment are not allowed into rooms without the prior approval of the Management.
- Smoking is not permitted within the building, rooms or external areas in the Holiday Accomodation.
- It is not permitted to use hobs, stoves, kettles and irons in the rooms.
- Reception service opens at 7am and ends at 9pm.
- The rooms are cleaned every two days and every time there is a change of guests.
- Sheets are changed at least twice a week and every time there is a change of guests. Towels are changed every two days.
Casa Gen. Pia Soc. Tor. S. Giuseppe
VAT number 01209641008
Opera “Madonna dell’Orto”
Casa vacanza “Pio IX”
VAT number 01209641008
REA number VE-413808
Saint Leonardo Murialdo (1828 - 1900)
Founder of the Giuseppini
Leonardo Murialdo was born to a bourgeois family in Turin on 26th
October 1828. He studied under the Scolopi Fathers in Savona and at the
University of Turin with a degree in Theology. He was ordained in 1851
and dedicated the first years of his ministry to the young people of
Turin at the San Luigi oratory in Porta Nuova. In 1872, he founded the
'Congregation of Giuseppini of Murialdo' and in 1882, the Pius IX
charitable institution He died in Turin on 30th March 1900. He was
beatified by Paul VI in 1963, and declared a saint in 1970.
'Pius IX' Holiday Accomodation is in a historic building dating from
1500; the Blessed Marinoni was born here.
The Giuseppini have been based in the building since 1882. Their main
activity is the education of young people in the charitable institution
and in the parish of Madonna dell'Orto.